Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Sorry everyone, but this will be somewhat of a morbid post. Last week I attended my eldest Nephew's high school graduation. There's a lot of meaning there as we have a long history. I have never thought of him as a nephew, but always as a son or my little brother. I am so very proud of him...

So this is where it gets kind of morbid and sad. As one of the students was giving a speech and I was looking at all the bright young and hopeful faces of the graduates, a sadness befell over me. I kept thinking to myself, "Oh my god, one of these kids, these kids, so hopeful and in a way so naive and looking towards to the future is going to have his or her life shattered by cancer..."

Was it wrong of me to have this thought? No one deserves this, I kept thinking, no one deserves what I am going through, no one deserves what any person afflicted with cancer, no matter if brain, or liver, or pancreatic, has to go through...I just remember feeling very sad that one of these kids and many kids graduating this year all across America will one day learn that they have cancer.

1 comment: