My routine 3-month MRI scan this past Tuesday shows my tumor is remaining table. My next scan will be three months from now in April. Dr. Hu stated that if things remain the way they are, then he'll likely move me to a 4-month cycle.
Not sure if it's because my folks accompanied me this time, but Dr. Hu provided a summarized overview of steps that can be taken in the event there is regrowth. I think he did this to give my folks a better understanding of the situation since they don't typically come with me. Anyway, I'm glad he did because I'm sure it was beneficial to hear it directly from the doctor.
Although my scan shows everything to be stable, this week hasn't been so great. Actually, the past couple of weeks, I've been experience dull headaches accompanied with the usual hyperactive tinnitus. However, this past Wednesday my dull headache became rather acute towards the latter half of the day and lasted through the night. I haven't had this bad of a headache in a long while. I didn't get any sleep at all Wednesday night as my headache was pounding and ended up missing work. Veggie out Thursday helped subside the headache back to a dull one, but it became acute once again as the evening came around. Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as the previous night, but I still only got a few hours of sleep through the night. When yesterdat morning came around, I still felt out of it and missed another day of work.
Well, my brain has improved this today, but I can still sense being "off" from my "normal" self. I'm not certain, but my headache is likely from stress at work, or overstimulation from somewhere. Maybe it's from tapering off of the Keppra, who knows. Maybe all of the above. However, I do find veggie out to help, though I'm having trouble writing this entry which is a bit disconcerting.
Anyway, hoping things will improve the next few days and I'm looking forward to Monday being the last time I'll have to take Keppra for the foreseeable future.
I hope your condition has improved and you are much better now. I can understand how hard it must have been, as my dad has also recently been diagnosed with brain tumour. We are having him treated at the private health Los Angeles and the doctors are hopeful that the condition can be cured.
ReplyDelete