I have 6 sessions of radiation therapy left.
This week will be my last full week plus two more days next week. I only
had one session scheduled for next week originally, but had to
reschedule a session from last week because radiation oncology had some
issues with their network.
Overall, things are relatively good I suppose. Been having some issues here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary according to Dr. Selch. About two weeks ago, I started to have some weakness in my left leg. It’s very subtle though noticeable. The typical pattern when it occurs is normally when I get up after having sat for at least 10 to 15 minutes. The weakness is normally noticeable only the first few steps and then disappears. It hasn’t caused me to fall over or lose my balance, which is definitely on the plus side.
The fatigue over the past couple weeks has gotten a tad worse as I’ve found myself sleeping longer and longer. The strange thing is that I've also been having trouble sleeping as well the past week which hasn't helped either. For the past several days, I've found myself sleeping 12 to 13 hours which is rather atypical for me. I think it’s from the radiation treatment as it is in a way re-injuring my brain and therefore causing some swelling. I feel a bit the same way as I did when I was dealing with cranial pressure buildup after the surgery, though that was much much more severe.
Not surprisingly, the frequency of dull headaches has also increased a tad as well. The good news however, is that it’s been manageable with Tylenol when needed and the discomfort associated with the headaches ha remained steady. The sore spots in my head have improved a bit over the last couple of weeks.
Overall, things are relatively good I suppose. Been having some issues here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary according to Dr. Selch. About two weeks ago, I started to have some weakness in my left leg. It’s very subtle though noticeable. The typical pattern when it occurs is normally when I get up after having sat for at least 10 to 15 minutes. The weakness is normally noticeable only the first few steps and then disappears. It hasn’t caused me to fall over or lose my balance, which is definitely on the plus side.
The fatigue over the past couple weeks has gotten a tad worse as I’ve found myself sleeping longer and longer. The strange thing is that I've also been having trouble sleeping as well the past week which hasn't helped either. For the past several days, I've found myself sleeping 12 to 13 hours which is rather atypical for me. I think it’s from the radiation treatment as it is in a way re-injuring my brain and therefore causing some swelling. I feel a bit the same way as I did when I was dealing with cranial pressure buildup after the surgery, though that was much much more severe.
Not surprisingly, the frequency of dull headaches has also increased a tad as well. The good news however, is that it’s been manageable with Tylenol when needed and the discomfort associated with the headaches ha remained steady. The sore spots in my head have improved a bit over the last couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment