Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Last Week of Therapy!

I have only two sessions left set for tomorrow and Wednesday and then my therapy will be over. It has gone by so fast. Am very thankful that the short-term effects have been relatively mild compared to what could have been. Hoping that it will be the same case with the delayed long-term effects.

After my last appointment, my first follow-up appointment with Dr. Selch is scheduled for July 17, about six months from now. It will also include an MRI. This is supposedly a good sign because if it wasn’t, my follow-up appointment would have been scheduled for April, i.e., the 3-month cycle. Normally after treatment, it takes a bit of time to measure how effective the treatment was. If I am lucky, the MRI will show some shrinkage of the tumor. However, I do have an appointment with Dr. Lai at the end of this month along with the 3-month MRI cycle that he has me on.

Being hopeful that the insurance issue between Blue Shield of California and the UC health system will be worked out soon. My continuity of care services applications, which would allow me to continue to receive care up at UCLA from both Dr. Selch and Dr. Lai are currently under review by Blue Shield and I should get a determination sometime this week. All indications show that both applications should be approved, but in the event that they are not, then I will need to go find another neuro-oncologist if Blue Shield and the UC health system do not come to a new agreement soon. So hoping for the best.

Lastly, I am set to return to work on February 6. I will be starting out about 30 hours a week (M-F) to see how it goes. It’s hard to believe that it will have been six months when I return. Seems that a lot has changed since I left (e.g., moved to new office building, new staff have been hired, reorganization of the company after merger) maybe not, maybe the change is just me, or rather my perception, who knows…but this will be another step towards my new normal…

No comments:

Post a Comment