Surgery Date: August 4, 2011
Check-in Time: 4:45 AM
Surgery Start Time: 7:30 AM
Surgery End Time: 5-7 hours
Expected Discharge Date: August 7, 2011
Check-in Time: 4:45 AM
Surgery Start Time: 7:30 AM
Surgery End Time: 5-7 hours
Expected Discharge Date: August 7, 2011
The last thing I recall before the surgery was being asked by one of the nurses whether I wanted my entire head shaved or not. I remember answering yes, and having both the nurse and my sister laughing stating that it was the correct choice. My next recollection was wondering when the operation was going to start while reaching to scratch an itch on my head. To my great surprise, instead of feeling my hair, I felt the turban wrap instead and thought "???" until I though, "Ohhhhh..."
| One of my ICU nurses |
For the few hours after waking up from the surgery, I felt like a million bucks. I couldn't stop talking and my family and nurses kept having to remind me to take it easy and get some rest. I was full of energy and ready to take on the world, that is until the meds wore off. Things are so hazy...like a dream. Two things I do distinctly remember were the non-stop hiccups I had and the catheter.
WOW! You really felt good? :) That is awesome. My first crani was 13 hours and I felt like I was run over by a truck. Even with meds. The 2nd one (on 8/4) was 4 hours but more painful. Great picture BTW! :)
ReplyDeleteI know right?! Really, I did feel that good, but once the meds wore off, not so great. The nurse was one of my neuro-ICU nurses and they were all great. I think the picture was taken several hours after and I still felt relatively good. As more time passed from my surgery, the worse it got. When I was discharged and got home, there were many days where I had headache hangovers.
ReplyDeleteI felt like my head got rolled over by a truck waking up from my 1st biopsy. I had very different issues from each of my biopsies. Weird.