Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Continuous EEG Video Telemetry Scheduled

The Cedars Sinai neurophysiology department called today and I now have a schedule for the continuous EEG video telemetry. It is scheduled for September 10th through the 12th. The stay may be shorter or longer depending on how things go, but the maximum number of days will most likely be five days if necessary.

I am a bit anxious. The EEG should provide a clearer picture of the cause(s) of my ongoing issues with these episodes I've been having. However, I am afraid of the "what if." The what if it doesn't and the unknown path that will come along with this.

Traveling down this long road of uncertainty, anything that provides a perception of certainty is certainly a sight for sore eyes. First it was the needle biopsy which would provide a diagnosis, then it would the craniotomy which would provide a more concrete diagnosis and also resection of the tumor, next came the radiation therapy which was part of the treatment protocol to manage the tumor, and now it's the EEG to assess that my episodes WILL be considered seizures and the established steps will be taken to treat these "seizures."

No comments:

Post a Comment