Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

National Brain Tumor Society Brain Tumor Walk

I will be participating in the NBTS 5K walk this Saturday at Angels Stadium. The team is aptly named "Team Braingels." The decision to name my team this was actually kind of a difficult decision as I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan. However, I did promise a friend that I would name the team that. The friend unfortunately won't be able to participate this time around, but will be there in spirit.

I posted this event and the fact that I will be participating on my social media sites to raise donations and awareness about the event. There is a bit of anxiety there, the reason being is because not all of my friends and acquaintances know that I have a brain tumor. My posting about the event and my involvement is ambiguous about whether I have a brain tumor, but one can easily add two and two together. Now I have a bit of anxiety about what may come and how to deal with the questions if they do come. 

However, I am looking forward to the event. I had wanted to participate last year, but was in no condition too as I was still recovering from the craniotomy. My family will be participating with me and I also look forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your inspirational post. My uncle is having a procedure done soon at an Oklahoma neurosurgery facility to remove a brain tumor. It has been a long journey, and it is encouraging to read positive stories surrounding the issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind post. I am sending positive vibes towards your uncle for a successful surgery. Please, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Like you, when I was diagnosed, I searched and searched to also find positive stories that would get me through and to also connect with others.

      Delete